VCG helps organisations thrive by simplifying technology choices and supporting businesses with managed services and IT solutions that help them grow in the digital economy.
The overall purpose of the role is to provide technical solutions to new & existing customers on technology solutions defined within the VCG service catalogue.
The consultant will provide technical assistance and guidance during the pre-sales process by identifying customers technical and business requirements, prior to designing a solution, consulting with technical teams about capabilities, and supporting sales teams, account managers and partners on proposal activities.
You are responsible for actively driving and managing the pre sales process with direct and channel customers and thus must be able to articulate the company’s technology and product portfolio, positioning to both business and technical users. The demands of this role are such that you should have a good technical knowledge, excellent customer facing skills and commercial awareness.
Key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Providing Technical Pre-Sales assistance to Sales within VCG core technologies
• To attend meetings with potential and existing customers to determine technical and business requirements and ensuring that all necessary information is collated prior to producing a solution
• Commercial responsibility of the information provided to customers based on the equipment defined to meet the customer needs and the definition of implementation and on-going support services costs.
• To structure and produce compelling sales proposals/commercial and technical documentation outlining the business benefits and customer success requirements.
• Communicate and educate the sales teams on any new or developed technology within service catalogue.
• Create and confidently deliver technical presentations internally and externally
• Assist with the development of new and current technologies within our service catalogue based around revenue targets and the VCG strategic direction
• Track technology industry developments within your specialised technology areas
• Work with Account Executives, Practice Leads, Service Delivery Managers, Principal Consultants, Senior Consultants and Project Services when developing proposed solutions
• Ensure customer service delivery adheres to documented agreements and meets OLA (Operational Level Agreements) with internal departments
• Adhere to the Company’s Quality, customer success and Business Processes
• Maintaining and improving technically through certification, both on a personal and company level
Skills & Experience
Key Skills and Experience would include but not limited to:
• At least 3 years in a pre-sales role
• Extensive Pre-Sales experience in designing and deploying Cisco Enterprise Wired and Wireless Networks
• A strong understanding in technologies with awareness of customer business applications and challenges.
• Previous experience of requirements gathering, design and solution building and the ability to replicate this in a commercial setting
• Ability to develop effective working relationships internally at a variety of levels and work closely with commercial departments such as sales, operations and Project Management Office
• Good presentation skills to articulate and present solutions to customers
• Solid Microsoft skills in Office, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint Etc
• Cisco CCNP Routing and Switching
• Willingness to travel through sales territory
• Full driving license
• Cisco DNA
• Customer Success Advocate
• Cisco Meraki
• Cisco Security Certifications
• Designing Cisco Security Solutions around an Architectural play
• Designing Security Solutions Non-vendor specific
• Ability to cope under pressure and prioritise work accordingly
• Ability to learn and take on new technologies
• Organised and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
• Shares information, advice, and suggestions to help others to be more successful; provides effective coaching to the Sales Department.
• Tailors written communications to effectively reach an audience
• Good Decision-making
• Fosters Team work
• Adaptability approaching challenging tasks with a “can-do” attitude.
Location: Stockport or Cheltenham
Equal Opportunities: We are an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, gender or gender orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Right to Work: Please note that this role requires the successful applicant to be permitted by the UK Home Office to live and work in the UK
No agencies please.