As part of VCG’s growth strategy, we are investing in product and marketing team capabilities to address the complexity of the challenges that our customers face in their business. To achieve this, we are looking for a Product Manager who can take ownership of our portfolio of solutions and bring together different parts of the company to create the right bundles, solution packages and product propositions for the industries we work in.
Skills And Experience:
- Experience in product and solutions-oriented environments and overseeing a suite/ portfolio of products.
- Demonstrated success in launching new solutions and bundles
- Market knowledge across connectivity, security, cloud and unified comms is desired
- Strategic thinking, understanding of business drivers and market challenges
- Working with various stakeholders towards a common goal and overcoming obstacles and hurdles.
The role is key to the customer journey and go-to-market engagements for VCG, helping us increase focus and enablement across the sales team but also build the market reputation as a trusted managed IT service provider.
You will have the chance to position and develop the Product Management – Portfolio and GTM function and interact with stakeholders from across the business to ensure we are aligning the business strategy with the product roadmap, sales & marketing and delivery teams.
You have ideally been evolved within technical teams and agile environments experience in the tech/ telecoms, fibre, FTTP or FTTH industry.
As our portfolio becomes more robust across the key technology areas: connectivity, security and unified communications, the key responsibilities would be :
- Creating product packages and commercial bundling for key industry sectors such as: retail, finance, logistics & transport, housing associations.
- Own the full solution lifecycle from concept to operationalisation and GTM differentiation
- Using internal resource and key stakeholders’ input – define, create and update product information: price, packaging, sales enablement processes.
- Own the vendor relationships and key engagements for training and development
- Utilise internal resource to its maximum potential – from technology input to commercial analysis.
- Quickly understand customer engagement and work with Sales and marketing teams to identify and evaluate market opportunities in response to business challenges.
- Identify missing products in the portfolio and suggest improvements
- Develop tools to support the sales team: sales pitches, demos and presentation materials
You will be working with the Head of Marketing to ensure the right marketing mix, future thinking and market segmentation supports new product launches and the campaign calendar are aligned to our strategic priorities. You will also have access to significant vendor support, resources and training on technology and IT solutions in the telecoms sector.
- Resourceful and adaptable
- Ability to cope under pressure and prioritise work accordingly
- Engaging and driven personality
- Ability to work on your own and within a team, wearing different ‘hats’ internally and externally
- Driving new initiatives and bringing your own ideas to the table to make a positive impact and drive business growth
We are an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, gender or gender orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Right to Work:
Please note that this role requires the successful applicant to be permitted by the UK Home Office to live and work in the UK”
Forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org