The role of the Customer Services Advocate is to respond to and then manage the lifespan of all VCG incidents and service requests raised by VCG Managed Service customers. Our Service Desk Analysts are focused on the restoration of normal service as quickly as possible, minimising the impact on the customers business operations and resolving incidents within agreed service levels.
Within VCG, our Customer Services Advocates are responsible for both directly resolving incidents and requests, as well as escalating and coordinating with internal resolvers and external 3rd party partners.
Key Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Providing a helpful and polite response to initial contacts into the Service Desk through taking calls, replying to emails, and responding to self-service ticket.
- Initial response and triage of tickets raised to the Service desk, triggered via our monitoring systems.
- Effective logging and fault analysis of new incidents and service requests, including prioritisation and coding of the ticket.
- Ownership and resolution of incidents and requests within the scope of a Service Desk fix.
- Escalation and coordination of incidents and requests to internal and external support teams
- Scheduling and supporting engineers during installations, fault resolution and 3rd party issues.
- Providing regular ticket status updates to the end customer
- Maintaining a technical knowledge of all supported products and undertaking training when necessary to update any required skills set
- Following the incident management and request fulfilment processes detailed in the call handling manual
- Fulfilling Service Desk objectives detailed in the service management policy
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Planning and organising
- Communication skills
- Conflict management
- Stress tolerance
Skills & Experience:
- Customer Services training and experience
- Experience working effectively within a team and collaborating with others to achieve a goal
- Knowledge and understanding of best practice framework (such as ITIL & ISO) for the delivery of IT services
- Documenting training, procedures, and processes
- Service Desk Institute
- ITIL Foundation
We are an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, gender or gender orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Right to Work:
Please note that this role requires the successful applicant to be permitted by the UK Home Office to live and work in the UK.
Forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org