VCG provides project and managed services into a wide range of industry sectors like Logistics/ Insurance/ Event Space/ Retail and Leisure. Primarily Cisco and Fortinet Solutions, underpinned by the provision of connectivity solutions and managed service support wrap.
To provide enterprise-level assistance to internal and external customers. You will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and help our customers install applications and programs.
Technical Support Engineer responsibilities include resolving network issues, configuring systems, and using remote tools to provide immediate support. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
Ultimately, you will be a person our customer’s trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
- Provide 2nd/3rd line support for incidents and service fulfilment requests; logging and responding to contact from all support customers across the businesses network security and cyber security service offering.
- Work pro-actively monitor, customer networks/systems via a variety of cutting-edge monitoring systems.
- Compliance with best practice and ITIL compliance.
- Closing of resolved incidents and service requests, updating the knowledge base.
- Follow standard operating procedures; accurately log all tickets using the defined tracking software.
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 12-18 months experience in a Technical Support or similar role.
- Good communicator with a natural aptitude for dealing with people.
- Good network diagnostic skills.
- Routing & Switching
- Network monitoring systems
- Experience in a fast-paced customer facing support environment.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Communication skills
- Conflict management
- Stress tolerance
- Cisco CCNA (must have minimum)
- Cisco CCNP Security or Enterprise desirable
- Cisco security products experience (ASA, FMC, FTD, Stealthwatch, and umbrella) desirable
- Fortinet NSE Level 4 is desirable
- Cisco Meraki Desirable
- Cisco Wifi desirable
We are an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, gender or gender orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Right to Work:
Please note that this role requires the successful applicant to be permitted by the UK Home Office to live and work in the UK”
Forward your CV and cover letter to Elizabeth.Marshall@VCG.Group